Monday, January 12, 2009

Afton's New House

So we've settled into the new house and since you've all been asking, here are some pictures. I've been hesitating to even post pictures because they don't do the house justice... you'll all just have to come and see us and YES, that is an indoor hot tub, and YES it will be -30 degrees wind chill on Thursday. ( I realize all you Minnesotans aren't impressed by this but that is RIDICULOUS). I shoveled the driveway for the first time in my life last Friday after I looked out the window and saw all my neighbors doing it...after 1 1/2 hours and my arm nearly falling off I was finished. Dustin said I did a good job (bless him) but the next day he shoveled it again in about 20 minutes. Well, I'm from Oklahoma people...it's 60 degrees there. Here in Chicago we're under a blizzard warning...perfect. Well, here are some pictures, and the one of Afton in front of the fire was when we first started it, it wasn't hot yet, and Dustin has his arms firmly around him so I don't want any calls from protective grandparents about the dangers of fires... :) Love you all, see you soon!




7 comments:

Doug and Nicole said...

The house looks nice. We can't wait to come visit! We miss you all.

The Mills Gang said...

Cute pics! The one of Afton by the fire is very sweet!

Ashley said...

Cute house! Way too cold for my blood. Glad you have a nice warm fireplace. :-)

Jami said...

We like it! Afton's room is such a great shade of blue. And the kitchen looks great!

Ticey said...

Very cute! I hope you're enjoying your new home! Bless your heart about the weather...I love living in Texas!! ;-)

Michelle said...

Congrats on the new house! It looks beautiful. Afton is such a cutie!!

Ashley said...

well the fire doesn't scare me but what about him falling off the changing table! hahahaha! i tease! i tease! love you guys!