Sunday, August 2, 2009

First Haircut!!!

Well I know it's been awhile since we've made a blog post. Terrible, I know. We've had a busy month and I don't know where July went. Dustin has been making the posts lately, and he was gone much of the month, and, well, I try to limit my recreational computing since I've lived on the computer so much lately I think I may be developing carpal tunnel :) just kidding.

This is the busiest part of the racing season by far. It's a tough stretch and Dustin will be gone a lot this next month as well but I'm not complaining...much. It's been an easy season thus far so it's a small price to pay right now. Afton's Aunt Carlee came and stayed with Afton for a few days while I went to upstate NY for work and Dustin was at a race about an hour and a half away in Joliet, IL. They had a ton of fun and we can't thank Carlee enough for her help! We're so lucky to have such great family.

My brother Slade has been in Europe back-packing by himself for 3 weeks and comes home next week. It's been fun for all of us to track his travels through emails and online posts and occasional phone calls. It's almost like we've been with him this whole time!

Afton is going through quite a few changes this past month. He's getting so grown up. He is walking all of the time now- almost running, and this has been both fun and stressful. He doesn't want to be held anymore-not that he did very much, and he wants to be free all the time. He has become almost impossible to take out to eat because he just wants to walk around and harass all the other patrons. He has a LOT to say, but we're still waiting on the translator to come in the mail so we know what he's saying. He's beginning to throw mini-tantrums. I'm not really sure why. He definitely knows the word, "NO" and doesn't like it one bit. He sometimes 'fake cries' when we tell him No, other times he gets mad and starts throwing everything within reach and/or scratching my face, pulling my hair, and looking quite sure of himself. I try not to laugh, but his little face is no joking. I thought we had a good couple of years before this type of behavior! Dustin thinks it's pay back for my 'attitude' but I don't know what he's talking about. :)


The big thing that happened yesterday was Afton's first haircut! His blond, curly locks are so adorable but he was starting to resemble a girl, and his hair stuck out all crazy from under his helmet. It's much better now. Afton is so laid back I didn't think he would mind the haircut at all, but just when I thought we were in the clear, major meltdown! Why is it that babies don't like their hair to be cut?

Anyhow, this was a long one, but that's what we've been up to!
xxxx

3 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

Oh, yes, I remember London's first hair cut and she had a major melt down too. It gets better though!! :)
BTW, I LOVE his 13 month pics! What a cutie pie!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

Love all the pictures, and I don't know what Dustin is talking about with your attitude, either! Thanks for the update! He is more beautiful every day!

Ashley said...

thanks for the update!!! i can't believe he got his hair cut. so big! can't wait to see you guys soon!