Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Terrible Bloggers

I pride myself on being a fairly reliable blogger...I really do. I'm sorry to say that these past couple of weeks I have been a blog slacker...I know it, you know it, we all know it. For that I apologize. We've been so busy we haven't even taken a picture of Afton since we've been back from Oklahoma *gasp* the horror!

With that said, here's what we've been up to...

All of you know, Dustin and I have decided that we're finally getting married this year **applause from our families** and while there is no way on this green earth that I am planning some big event, there are some decisions to be made. We're having a 'destination wedding' somewhere tropical this November but as easy as this decision was to make, we still have to pick a place...I'm just not good at making decisions! All the places look great and we'd chosen Mexico but then the whole swine flu episode ruins that...don't even get me started on the swine flu and in my opinion, the overblown exposure the media has created...but whatever...we'll figure it out!

Afton is going to be ONE next month! This sends me into a state of panic at the thought. I feel like he was born yesterday and at the same time it seems like a long time ago. Either way, it makes me kinda sad. Don't get me wrong, he's lots more fun now that he's older and more interactive but I will not refer to him as a 'Toddler' yet. Not yet. He's still my baby.

For those of you who have voted on the them for Afton's party, thank you. I do have to point out, however, that the "cowboy" theme is not the orange and black variety, but rather the gunslinging, spur-wearing kind. Just to clarify. Oh, and I put the race car choice on there just to see how many people would choose that one...we're not having a race car party...we eat, sleep, and breathe race cars and I am not starting that with Afton yet... ;) Although he is going to the Indy 500 Memorial day weekend.

We've had some reasonable weather here in Chicago. And by reasonable I mean, not snowing. It's been barely warm enough to go outside so we've been doing some yard work. We even planted a vegetable garden that we've been growing in our sun room for weeks!

Afton's new favorite hobby is opening and shutting doors. All kinds. He loves it. I'll try to take some pictures this week!

2 comments:

matty said...

Wait...why can't the gun-slinging, spur-wearing cowboy party be an orange and black cowboy party too - Pistol Pete wears spurs and has guns! :)

Jami said...

YAY! Finally a blog. Just give Afton the computer keyboard. I'm sure he has a lot to say (type)!