Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Afton!

One year ago, Afton Murphy Willander joined us in this world. We created this blog from the hospital the day before he was born and began this incredible journey. It brings tears to my eyes re-living the day Afton touched our hearts and lives forever when we saw him for the first time. I cannot even begin to express the love that Dustin and I feel for this little boy, far beyond anything we ever thought we were capable of feeling. I know that's cliche and ever parent says that and it used to REALLY annoy me when new moms said things like that but now I get it! Afton has given us a new purpose in life and makes us strive to be better human beings and make the world a better place. For that and many, many things, Afton we thank you!!!! Mommy and Daddy love you a google-plex!!!! (My dad used to say that to me when I was like 5...what 5 year-old knows what a google-plex is...hahaha!)

June 12, 2008

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't believe he is already 1!! My how time flies. Happy Birthday Afton!!

The Mills Gang said...

Happy Birthday Afton! Have a big piece of cake!! :)

Terry, Vicky & Carlee said...

What a beautiful blog entry. We can't believe little Afton is already 1 either. You are both GREAT parents and Afton is one lucky little guy. It's very easy to see how much he's touched your hearts and how much he is loved. It's pretty awesome to be grandparents too. Happy Birthday 1st birhday to our beautiful, wonderful grandson Afton! We LOVE you all and can't wait till we see you again. LOVE,Grandma and Grandpa Willander

Ticey said...

Wow, I can't believe he's one already either!! Happy Birthday Afton!!! He's such a cutie!

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

That is so nice! It brought a tear to my ear! You are so blessed, and I know exactly what you mean!
PS Google plex is so cute!