Thursday, August 28, 2008

Travelin' Man


OK. so Afton is 11 weeks old today and has already been to 7 states...I won't go through them for you, but he has been quite the traveling man. After we flew home to Indy after Oklahoma we drove 13 hours to Minnesota to see Afton's other grandparents, and extended family, all who threw a shower for him on Saturday afternoon. He received more things than he ever imagined thanks to the graciousness of those in MN who love him. Afton also met his cousins Greta and Aaliyah, Greta is a few months older than him and was really interested in Afton's toys. Afton did not seem to mind as you can see in the pictures he slept right through most of it. We also went to 3 of Aunt Carlee's tennis matches and Afton slept through all three. By the time Wednesday came, Afton was tired of all the attention and was ready to come to his home in Indy and relax. The trip home was going well until we got to Clear Lake, Iowa. I'm not sure if he hated being in the great, exciting state of Iowa, or if he was ready to get the F out of his car seat, but we had a major meltdown in the car!! This was not your average baby in the back seat crying because he was hungry meltdown, this was a I'm holding my breath with my mouth open but no sound is coming out until I get what I want meltdown. I pulled off the Interstate not once, but twice as if there was a cougar in the back seat trying to maul us. I went from a steady cruising speed of 78mph to a dead stop, on the shoulder with the flashers on in about 3.7 seconds. After all the dust settled and my blood pressure had stabilised we were back on our way, and made it home safely. It was a great trip, thanks to all for the gifts and love.

No comments: