Monday, February 23, 2009

Trains, Plains, and Automobiles





This past weekend we had grandpa and grandma Willander come into town for a couple days to see us. Afton liked the surfer shirt and the pineapple hey brought for him from Hawaii. Friday night we got about 5 inches of snow but that didn't dampen our plans for Saturday. We went to the Museum of Science and Industry. We had awesome time looking at all of the exhibits, especially the U505 German Uboat, and the trains. we also went the the omniplex and saw a show about the mysteries of the great lakes. Afton watched the entire movie without making a sound.To end the day we made a wax figurine, Aislinn used to make them at various attractions when she was a kid, judging the age of the machine it may have been the same one. Sunday they left to go home and we were all a little sad to go. Afton has since developed a cold and is using it for all it's worth to get what he wants, just like his daddy. .Afton-" I may be an Astronaut, I may be a farmer"Afton-"I'm not sure what this is, but my grandma wanted me to look through and smile"Afton-" Dad this car is lame and I have toys this big"

4 comments:

Doug and Nicole said...

I love the new pictures! The astronaut one is my favorite. Afton is such a cute little boy. Hope to see you all soon.

Matthew and Emily Clothier said...

The astronaut pic is my fave too! Glad he had a great time with his grandparents!

Meg said...

THese pics are adorable. I think Afton is the other cutest little boy in the world (along with my son). His smile is awesome. I just want to eat him up.

Terry, Vicky & Carlee said...

I think I finally got this commenting figured out. Love the new pictures. Not so sure about grandma in the train getup, but Afton is sure cute. (ha) We absolutely love that you have this blot site to keep us posted. Afton is changing so fast. He is the most beautiful little boy. I'm glad it worked out for you all to come to Greta's party. It was fun. It won't be long until Easter and we'll see you all again, if not sooner. Love you, Grandma, Grandpa and Carlee.